The difference between men and women can be summarized in this photo. I swear on all that is good and holy, this is a REAL photo, not part of a set-up, I took it as we were walking out our door on our way out for the weekend.
No, that is not groceries beside my luggage. That is Howie’s “overnight bag.”
So many questions, so much confusion. I will try to summarize my confoundedness.
- Why, when it comes time to pack, is a plastic bag the first thing with which he thinks to carry his belongings?
- Why didn’t he use one of our pieces of luggage or even a backpack? Both of which were readily available.
- How can one person fit all the things they need for a weekend in 1/3 of a plastic bag?
- What items DID he find most prudent to pack?
- Does he feel like a hobo carrying around his belongings in a plastic bag? And if so, does he enjoy it?
- Did he choose a plastic bag because it will thwart thieves? They mistakingly assume the plastic bag is full of cheap groceries and move onto my expensive looking luggage?
- If not for thievery prevention did he choose the plastic bag for it’s advanced water-repellent properties?
- Are all men like this? And if not all, are most? Or am I married to the only man alive who would think to do this?
I am truly baffled by this man at times. Lucky for him, this kind of thing still comes off as endearing to me.
Strangely, amusingly, endearing.